Friday, September 14, 2007

Wabi Sabi

There is little to recommend the back side of most main streets. No exception to the rule on the east side of our Main. The west has the river and some effort to spruce up the waterfront. Don't get me wrong. It ain't no San Antonio; but, an effort is at least being made. The east side, though, is just plain ugly. The history has been vanquished, and what remains is little more than junk from the age when no one cared what downtowns looked like. Good luck finding the beauty in this picture (and don't just blame it on my camera (or me)).
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just got back from visiting my own hometown in the middle of Ohio. This is not unlike the back of it's main drag. It's taken me a while to get here -- haven't had much free time lately.

Thanks for your visit to my blog, too.
Zanabel
Olympia Daily Photo